I think I tend to get stuck with Project 365 because I think I don’t have direction or inspiration. A popular photo a day project in Australia (and I’m sure elsewhere) is from the blog Fat Mum Slim, which has been going on for some time now. The themes aren’t too difficult, can be literal or creative, and I think are completely doable. I’ll start off with January to start with, and if I think I can keep it up, keep on going. A month seems a lot less daunting than a whole year.
Here’s the January list of themes
1. LUNCH: Your plate, what you’re doing at lunchtime, where you are etc.
2. BEGINS WITH G: Take a photo of anything starting with the letter G.
3. MY TOWN: A photo of something that represents where you live, where you grew up, or just a snapshot of a part of where you live.
4. WORDS TO LIVE BY: Share words that you live by. You could write them and take a photo, take a photo of the words in a poster, or another way.
5: FOUND: As you go about your day today take a photo of something you discover, or perhaps something you’ve found in the past.
6: HAPPENS EVERYDAY: Take a photo of something that happens each day. Is it part of your routine? Or something special that seems to happen?
7: UPSIDE DOWN: Take a photo of something upside down, or turn your phone upside down. Have fun!
8: LUCKY NUMBER: What’s your lucky number? How can you be creative in taking your photo?
9: NATURAL: Take a photo of something natural, created naturally.
10: MAN-MADE: Take a photo of something made by man.
11. LOOKING DOWN: Take a photo looking down from somewhere.
12. COLOURFUL: Take a photo of something colourful.
12. MAKES ME SMILE: What makes you happy? Take a photo of it.
14. THREE THINGS: Take a photo of any 3 things. They might belong together or they might be totally random.
15. BLACK + WHITE: This is our photography prompt for the month. I’ll share a little more next month on tips for black and white photography.
16. SUN: Take a photo of the sun. Fingers crossed it comes out to play.
17. TINY: Take a photo of something very small.
18. HAPPY PLACE: Where do you like to go most? Share it with us.
19. BREAKFAST: Take a photo of your breakfast, or where you were for breakfast time.
20. TO DO LIST: Take a photo of something you need to do today. Or a series of photos in a collage perhaps?
21. BLUE: Take a photo of something blue.
22. NICE!: Take a photo of something nice.
23. BEDTIME: Take a photo of bedtime, be it yours, your pets or your childs.
24. YOUR SPACE: This could be your space at work, school, home or your bedroom.
25. A TASTE OF SUMMER/WINTER: Show us what the season is like where you are.
26. FUN STUFF!: A game, something that makes you laugh, drinks with friends, laughter…
27: SOMETHING I BOUGHT: What’s something you purchased today or in the past. Perhaps it’s something big like a car, your house or something small like a packet of chewing gum.
28. DINNER: We’ve done lunch and breakfast, now it’s time for dinner.
29: WINDOW: Get creative for this one. Search for a window and take a photo. You could take a photo looking in, or looking out.
30. BEST INVENTION EVER: What thing that’s been invented are you glad is here?
31. POLKA DOT: Find something covered in spots and share it!